Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A flat in the city

In my life I have lived in a lot places. Currently my home is in Providencia, which is a commune in eastern sector. My home is 15th flat in a tower of 27 flats from I can see a great panoramic view, I can see Balmaceda Park, the aviation source, Andes Mountains, San Cristobal Hill, Mapocho river and much of the city.
The apartment is wide, I live with 4 persons and we share the cost of light, water, telephone, gas and meal. Also we share the housework, each week a couples are responsible for cleaning: the bathrooms, kitchen and dining room. Other activity that we make in groups is cooking, once a week we met for dinner or depending on the time available to any cook.
The place where is the building has great access, we have near different services like banks, supermarkets, coffees shops, gyms, libraries, restaurants, publics services and public transport all day and all night.
There another reason for that I like my home. The park which is next is a great place for jogging, is safe, clean, despite the entire car passing through sector. But all is not wonderful idea and fact. Everything good it have the bad thing that in this case is pollution and stress.
The nature and people suffer the consequences of living in the city, and like the sector is a very busy place we can see the signs of fatigue and pollution. While I observed this I pedaling my bike, then I think the only possibility and chance we have is leaving out of town.
Such a change is not easy, but make up my mind is so radical. Preferably because is much more difficult to have all services near everywhere. This is important when you have a family, you need the Health, Education and jobs that allow you can live quiet.

1 comment:

  1. It must be really fun live with friends :), and I would to live in Providencia, it's a excellent neighborhood.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete